This pair of Toms did not have huge holes on the toes but they had begun to crack on the sides where your foot naturally bends. Because of this I decided to cover the entire front of the shoe. I chose black lace, because I like the look of the original black glitter Toms and didn't want to completely cover all of that up. Since there weren't holes like the last pair I was able to use this see through fabric. Using lace created a problem, I had to be very careful applying the lace over the glue to make sure the glue didn't seep through the fabric.
I applied the lace over the entire top of the shoe. I covered the elastic piece that comes to a triangle on the top of the foot, but I put glue around the triangle. When the glue had set up I trimmed the lace away very carefully.
Next I applied another piece of lace across the angle that I followed on the pink glitter Tom with the silver sequence fabric. The lace had a finished scallop edge so I used that to cover the angle. I finished by adding a black trim along the top of the shoe by the opening for your foot. I thought this gave it a more finished look, plus it covered a bit of glue that had seeped through. It is really hard to see the detail on the finished product in the pictures, but trust me they turned out really cute!